Best of RwandanStories (download)
This set contains the highlights of the RwandanStories curriculum: eight key lessons with ten matching films.
It also includes two new sets of overhead slides to ‘top and tail’ the unit: an introduction to the physical and human geography of Rwanda and a ‘wrap-up’ look at Rwanda in the 21st century – technology, education, health and culture. It also gives students a “what are they doing now?” update on some of the key characters in the films.
As usual, all lessons come with a detailed lesson plan and most include beautifully formatted sets of presentation slides and handout sheets ready for printing or photocopying.
1. SLIDES: an introduction to Rwanda (physical and human geography)
2. A genocide story
3. How did it happen?
4. Dangerous situations
5. The construction of hatred
6. How to begin building a future
7. Gacaca: restorative justice in action
8. Compensation and reconciliation
9. The social effects of war
10. SLIDES: Rwanda in the 21st century
1. A short history of Rwanda
2. Hutu or Tutsi
3. In the marshes
4. The Ntarama church massacre
5. Aftermath of genocide
6. An experiment in justice
7. Gacaca: soft justice?
8. Let’s talk about what happened
9. Making amends for murder
10. Building peace
The download includes four compressed zip files totalling 630MB.
If you don’t have a good internet connection, this set is also available on USB. In that case, we usually post within 24 hours.